Sunday, July 5, 2015

Two Roosters: The second great local ice cream


For quite some time now, the best ice cream in the Triangle area, hands-down, has come from The Parlour in Durham.  No other ice cream I've tasted has even come close to the wonderful confections from The Parlour.

I'm happy to say that we have now gained another great local ice cream vendor:  Two Roosters.  I've sampled their ice creams twice now--once at a Durham food event and earlier today when they were scooping from their ice cream trailer a mile and a half from my house--and both times everything I tasted was delicious.

Click the image to see a larger version.

As you can see if you magnify the photo, their menu is small but interesting, with a few classic flavors and several of their own invention.  I'm particularly fond of their vanilla vanilla, and the strawberry I tasted today was also excellent.  Their flavors are generally strong and clean, though the more complex concoctions, such as the butterscotch haystack, definitely will leave you smiling as you discover their ingredients.

Also obvious is the fact that they operate out of a trailer, so you'll have to follow them on Twitter to learn where they're going to be--just as we did in the days before Parlour had a store.

Before you ask me in email or a comment, no, I am not going to choose one place over the other.  I don't want to do that.  Instead, I want to encourage all of us to support both businesses; the Triangle can handle more than a few great ice cream sources.

I certainly intend to support both.




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive