Tuesday, June 2, 2015

On the road again: Portland, day 2


Almost all of today went to work, so I can't discuss most of the day.

I can share something lovely I experienced for the first time today:  Hood strawberries.  David brought us some, and they were possibly the most delicious strawberries I have ever tasted.

Click an image to see a larger version.

David said they have a very short season, so I was lucky to get to taste them.  I cannot recall a more succulent, rich, flavorful strawberry.

Dinner took us to Gabe Rucker's second restaurant, Little Bird.  Everything we tasted was excellent, but the dish that surprised me the most was the soup.  A blend of pureed zucchini, leeks, and potatoes, with a swirl of lemon creme fraiche and, believe it or not, a mild olive tapenade, this little bowl was outstanding.


As I've said many times, Little Bird is on my short list of the restaurants you should not miss if you're in Portland.




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive