Monday, June 1, 2015

On the road again: Portland, day 1


Today started for me at 5:50 a.m., which was only a very few hours after yesterday ended, so I did not begin as a happy camper.  The flights, though, went as well as they reasonably could, with an exit-row seat on the first leg and a first-class upgrade on the second.  I was able to work enough that I ran my laptop out of power--but was then able to plug in on the plane.  Technology is grand when it works.

Almost all of today went to work, but I had a few food highlights.  One was a small sipping hot chocolate from Cacao, a lovely little shop in the front right corner of the hotel.  That definitely helped pick me up.

Dinner took us to Bamboo Sushi for a tasty meal of fish and salad.  The folks there were definitely on their game today:  everything was delicious.

For dessert, we walked next door to Salt & Straw, where we enjoyed fresh and wonderful local ice cream.  This place really is one of the best in the country.

And now,  more work, and then sleep.  I am quite looking forward to sleeping.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive