Sunday, March 1, 2015

Talkin' RAH at the library


As I mentioned in an earlier post, today Dave and I were the guests of the Eva Perry Regional Library for a discussion of the works and influence of Robert A. Heinlein.  Outside, rain was falling and threatening to freeze, but inside a hearty group of travelers braved the weather to come hear us talk. 

Click the image to see a larger version.


Amazingly, another four people later joined us, so we had a fairly full house.  (Even more surprising is the fact that the people who did not come with us greatly outnumbered those who did.) 

Everyone in attendance seemed genuinely interested in Heinlein, so we had a good time talking about the man and his works, fielding questions, and on more than one occasion, heading off on related tangents.

I'm thankful to the Wake County librarians who organized this event and who will be hosting other similar discussions during March.  These folks do great work keeping our libraries running and generally promoting books, and I am grateful for all that they do.

I also want to thank those who came to hear us talk.  You guys were crazy for going out in this weather, but you made the afternoon a lot nicer than it would have been had Dave and I faced the prospect of a room empty save for those who had come with us.  (We also thank those folks, but it's nice to have an audience you didn't bring.)

I did receive more than a few questions about my next book, so I better get busy on it!





3 comments:

Dave Drale said...

Dear Mark,
It had the additional benefit to me of getting the new playlist loaded into my ipod. I'm still not sure what happened, but I'm very pleased that it did.
The Wake County Library System helped me, an out of county user!
Dave

pjz said...

wrt next book: Yes, please!

Mark said...

I am working on it!

Labels

Blog Archive