Wednesday, March 25, 2015

On the road again: Austin, day 3


Another day with perfect weather; I could not ask for a better time to be in Austin.

If only I weren't working over 16 hours a day. 

But I am, so I have little to report in a day full of meetings and other work. 

Fun tidbits:  We stopped after some meetings for a small ice cream snack at Amy's.  That's always a treat.  Dinner was a quite good meal at Swift's Attic.  All the dishes I tasted were at least good, and a couple were excellent.  The menu was creative and interesting.  Though the kitchen doesn't seem able to quite yet live up to the inventiveness of the menu, I'll still go back. 

For bonus points, the restaurant had an extremely cool light fixture.

Click the image to see a larger version.

For no particular reason, the bird cage around the chandelier really worked for me.

It's nearly four in the morning, so it's past time for a little rest. 

More work tomorrow!



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive