Monday, March 23, 2015

On the road again: Austin, day 1


After about an hour of actual sleep and many hours of tossing and turning and coughing, I showered and headed to the airport, more exhausted than usual at the start of a trip.  I was lucky enough to receive upgrades on both legs, so the flights passed in greater physical comfort than usual.  The quality of the seats wasn't enough to halt my frequent coughing, but it was a vast improvement over sitting in my original seats.

While traveling I learned that a dear friend, Peggy Rae Sapienza, had died.  More on Peggy Rae in my next blog entry, which I'll also post tonight. 

Lunch was the always delicious Red Mango mixed berry parfait at DFW.  Red Mango continues to be my personal chain gold standard for frozen yogurt. 

After the usual joys of travel--luggage, rental cars, hotel check-in, and so on--I spent a few hours working and then headed out for dinner with a client and friend, as well as his family.  We observed my first-night-in-Austin tradition:  dinner at the County Line On the Lake, and ice cream afterward at the Amy's in the Arboretum.  The food was quite tasty, as always, and the night was warm and slightly breezy and entirely lovely. 

More work and more coughing carried me late into the night. 

I am hurting from the sickness, exhausted from coughing, and very sad from Peggy Rae's passing.  Here's hoping six hours of sleep--all I can afford--will help.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive