Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Catch me this weekend at ConTemporal


ConTemporal is a local steampunk convention that was nice enough to invite me to be a guest even though I've never written any steampunk stories.  I like to support local conventions, so of course I agreed to go.  I'll be participating in three activities at the con, so if you're going, you could do worse than to check them out. 

Friday, June 27, 5:00 p.m., Oakwood room:  A panel, It's the Little Things

I'll be joining Suzanne Warr and JM Lee in an hour-long discussion of the benefits (and possibly the pitfalls) for writers of belonging to a professional organization.  As a life member of the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA), I do have a few opinions on the topic.  I may also discuss hamsters, gardening, getting off the Pope's grass, and who knows what else; once you get me rolling, it's hard to stop me.

Saturday, June 28, 12:30 p.m.:  Meet the Guests

I have no idea what I'll be doing at this event, nor where the event is, so anything might happen.  I may bring a boombox, or perhaps a book to read, or maybe cookies for all.  You can't know unless you come by.

Saturday, June 28, 6:00 p.m., Sandalwood room:  Worldbuilding 101

Starting only with a thimbleful of dark matter, my fellow panelists--Allen Wold, Todd Stewart, Tanith Tyr, Win Strock--and I will proceed to build new universes before your very eyes.  Will these miraculous creations result in rainbow unicorns--or in the reinvention of the platypus, a cruel joke of a creature if ever there was one?  Again, you cannot learn the answer unless you come to the panel.

Disclaimer:  I mean no offense to any rainbow unicorns or platypuses, living, dead, or imaginary. 

If you do attend any of these events, feel free to come up and say hi.

I hope to see you at the con!


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive