Monday, September 9, 2013

On the road again: IDF, San Francisco, day 0


All of today went to work, which I can't discuss.  I can say that after spending much of the day in my hotel room working, though no hotel room is as good a workspace as my office, this one wasn't half bad. 

Dinner tonight was a fun meal with a colleague at Le Colonial.  We shared two appetizers, the pot stickers and the pork belly.  The pot stickers were good, but the twice-cooked pork belly, each chunk topped with a quail egg and all the pieces in a delightful oil-and-citrus-and-other-stuff sauce, was exceptional.  We also shared a main course of lobster over noodles, along with some fried rice and, believe it or not, a side of Brussels sprouts.  I normally hate the nasty Brussels sprouts, but these were good enough that I ate multiple pieces and enjoyed each one.  I'd definitely return to Le Colonial.

Tomorrow morning, the conference sessions start in earnest.


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive