Wednesday, August 14, 2013

On the road again: Austin, day 3


More interesting meetings, more I can't discuss.

Dinner really is the only part of the day I can talk about.  Tonight, we'd hoped to eat at newcomer and hot Austin restaurant, QuiThe menu looks interesting, and the place is getting national attention, but it doesn't take reservations.  When we showed up about 8:15 p.m., the wait was at least ninety minutes.

I had too much piled-up work to be able to waste that much time, so we headed off to an Austin institution, Fonda San Miguel.  They seated us immediately, and the food was delicious, as always.

As I've noted in past blog entries, I particularly like the lights in the trees outside this restaurant.  The blue tree to the left of the building is a definite favorite.

Click on an image to see a larger version.

This photo is just as I took it with my phone; I've done no work on it, but I love how it came out.

This visit, the red up-lights mixed with the blue tree lights in front of the entrance to create an effect I found delightful.




You can't go wrong with Fonda San Miguel.


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive