Monday, August 12, 2013

On the road again: Austin, day 1


Travel day.  Everything went well--upgraded both legs, first flight early, time for Red Mango in DFW, car ready--and yet I can't say I enjoyed the trip.  I was productive on it, which counts for a great deal.  I do love airplane bandwidth.

Dinner and dessert were my Monday-night-in-Austin traditions:  barbecue at County Line On the Lake and ice cream at Amy's.  Yum and yum. 

For no good reason, tonight I felt the need to pick the very best version of Bobby Freeman's 1958 classic song, "Do You Want To Dance?"  I can make a case for the original, of course, as well as for the Ramones' cover and the hippy ballad version from the Mamas and the Papas.  In the end, I couldn't decide, so I'll leave it to you to pick your own favorite.

As you do, I'll leave you with another song that for no particular reason has been in my head a great deal lately.  I've mentioned this one before, but every now and then it grabs my heart and takes up residence for a while.

Thanks to Pete Yorn for this one.


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive