Wednesday, June 19, 2013

On the road again: Portland, day 3


I've come to understand that these reports give some people the impression that all I do on these trips is eat.  That couldn't be farther from the truth; almost all of what I do on these trips is work.  Given the nature of PT's work, however, I cannot discuss any of that, so I fall back on what I can reasonably talk about, which tends to be the only breaks in my day:  meals.

Today contained two such notable breaks. 

The first was a brief late-afternoon excursion to Salt & Straw to enjoy some of the very finest ice cream I've tasted anywhere.  Check out its Web site for descriptions and details, but take it from me:  If you live near Portland, you owe it to yourself to visit this shop, and if you don't, consider ordering some ice cream via their site.

Dinner was a lovely Italian meal at Nostrana, where Chef Cathy Whims, a five-time Beard nominee, and her team produce delicious, simple fare.  I tried a salad and some ravioli, and both were excellent.  I've never been there before, but if I get in the mood for Italian while out this way, I'll definitely go back to Nostrana. 

The rest of the very long day was work, lots and lots of work.


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive