Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Counter 3 . Five . VII continues to be Austin's best restaurant


When I learned recently that Executive Chef Damien Brockway had left Counter 3 . Five . VII (hereafter just "Counter"), I instantly had a few questions.  Would Counter stay in business?  Would the rest of the team there still get to keep doing the great work they've been doing, creating amazing food that was as interesting as it was delicious?  And, where was Damien going to work next, and when could I eat there?

I can't yet answer the last pair of questions, because I've found no evidence of what Damien's next project will be, but I'm happy to say that the answers to the other questions is a resounding, "Yes!" 

We ate dinner there earlier tonight, and every dish was delicious, thoughtful, and fun.  The housemade sodas were as tasty as ever, the team still fun to talk with, and the spirit of Counter alive and well.

As I've said many times, Counter is Austin's best restaurant.  If you live in Austin or are visiting it, do yourself a favor and check it out.




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive