Saturday, August 26, 2017

Of Delta Rae and Mayweather-McGregor


Tonight I enjoyed two very different entertainments.

The first was the Delta Rae concert at the Lincoln Theatre.  I love this band, so I always expect a good show, but this performance went way past that:  it was the very best Delta Rae show I've ever seen, and I've seen several.  Their sound was tight, their energy high, and joy practically poured off the stage.  If you have a chance to see Delta Rae live, take it.  They are amazing.

I raced back from the show to catch the Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor fight, which fortunately had not started yet.  The bout went largely as I expected, with McGregor starting strong early and then Mayweather winning on points, but in the tenth round Mayweather landed enough shots on McGregor to reel him, and eventually the ref stepped in and stopped the fight.  So, Mayweather delivered on his prediction and stopped McGregor.  McGregor, though, acquitted himself reasonably in an entertaining fight, and in fact did better than most folks had predicted.

An interesting Saturday night.




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive