Monday, March 20, 2017

Bernie Wrightson, R.I.P.


Yesterday, a man I thought of as a legend passed away.  I never met him, but from the first time I saw his work in comic books, I admired him and looked for his art.  I loved his Swamp Thing, and his illustrations for Mary Shelley's Frankenstein were amazing creations.  Wrightson worked in all sorts of commercial art, but no matter what he did, his illustrations stood out.  Tinged with horror and with amazing line work, each Wrightson piece rewarded closer inspection.

I am glad to have been able to enjoy his work, and I am sorry there will be no more of it.



2 comments:

Bill Catchings said...

I have no thought of Bernie Wrightson and Swampthing for years. His art was amazing and one of the few I could never manage to swipe well.

Mark said...

His work was frequently amazing.

Labels

Blog Archive