Monday, February 20, 2017

Simple joys in Florence


A simple and light but tasty sandwich at a random restaurant for lunch.

Click an image to see a larger version.

With most museums closed, hours of ambling Florence's streets filled the day, with a short sitting break on the concrete in front of the Pitti Palace.


Some delicious gelato from a shop on the other side of the Arno.

This pigeon, commanding the Arno from its perch on a piece of a bridge.


This couple, posing for pictures on the other side of the same bridge.


Running across the Chiesa di Santa Trinita by chance, always by chance, as when Sarah and I found it, and being struck yet again by the splendor and powerful feel of this old church.


How have I managed not to remember the amazing and stunning Chiesa dei Santi Michele e Gaetano?  I don't know.  I'm honestly not even sure if I've entered it before, but I stood before it today,


and then I went inside, and it blew me away.


Such a wonderful place, with people actively worshipping in it.

A Diet Coke in a "PINKO" can


and a lovely salad


as part of dinner.

Just another day in Florence.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive