Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Pick up Blue Rodeo's new album, 1000 Arms


I first heard a Blue Rodeo song in a Toronto record store in December, 1987.  I fell instantly and deeply in love with this band and their music.  I've seen them multiple times live and own every single album.  They deserve to be as big in the U.S. as they are in Canada, but they're not.

I picked this song at random from the new album.  Like much of their music, it's country and it's rock, and though this live take isn't as good as the studio version, it's still a lovely piece.



You can buy the album on Amazon and possibly at record stores.  Check it out, and while you're at it, buy Outskirts, their first album and one of my desert island top ten.



2 comments:

Michelle said...

What are the other albums on your desert island top ten?

Mark said...

True confession time: I've never figured that out, because it keeps changing. There are only two entries of which I am absolutely certain: Outskirts and, of course, probably the greatest rock-and-roll album ever, Born to Run.

Labels

Blog Archive