Thursday, November 10, 2016

Leonard Cohen, R.I.P.


Well, this week delivered another fine blow:  Leonard Cohen is dead.  He was 82, so he had a reasonably long life, but I have to tell you that from where I stand right now, that's just not enough years--not for him, not for me, not for anyone.

At the risk of repeating everyone else, I'm putting here a relatively recent performance of his brilliant song, "Hallelujah."



Damn, another legend passes.  2016 has been brutal for musicians.

Their work stands, though they are gone.

This song will always touch me.

We will not see Leonard Cohen's like again soon.





2 comments:

Eric said...

Much sadness at his passing. I didn't care for his singing, but I read his lyrics with care. My favorite quote is the famous one from Anthem -

“Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.”

We need some light right now.

Mark said...

Indeed we do.

Labels

Blog Archive