Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Willow joins Portland's restaurant elite


I visit here about four times a year, so it's a bit cheeky of me to declare a restaurant one of the city's elite, much less to do so after only a single visit to the place.

I don't care.  I'm doing it anyway.  Willow deserves the praise.

Tonight's menu featured six courses.

Click an image to see a larger version.

I also opted for the four non-alcoholic drink pairings.


Willow's dining room is a single L-shaped counter; tonight, seven of us ate at chairs spaced around it.

Three people do all the work, from preparing the food, to serving it, to washing the dishes.  Two are owners, and one is the sous chef.  They hustled the whole time we were there, but they were always on top of their game.  Everything I tasted was inventive, attractive, and, most importantly, delicious.  I didn't encounter a single misstep.  The meal was top-drawer.

One dish, the mushroom tart, stood out as absolutely perfect, a true world-class preparation.


I could go on and on, but it's late, and I'm tired, so let me just say that Willow has joined Le Pigeon on my must-eat list anytime I'm in Portland.

If you possibly can, check it out.




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive