Monday, May 30, 2016

On this day, we honor those who died while serving


in the armed forces.  It's a sobering celebration, a reminder that throughout our nation's history people have paid the ultimate price in the service of their county.

I haven't agreed with our country's choice to enter many of the wars we've fought in my lifetime, but I have never blamed those who served for doing their duty as members of the armed services.  Instead, I have always respected that service--even as I was glad then and am glad now that I was not drafted into the military.

No matter how busy you were today, I hope you dedicated at least a little time to remembering and honoring those who died while serving.  Let us also hope that we participate in fewer wars in the future and cost fewer people their precious lives.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive