Monday, March 14, 2016

I decided to postpone any birthday party


until another time, because I spent this birthday flying from Seattle to San Jose and then working into the early evening.

Still, I permitted myself the indulgence of a barbecue dinner at the nearby Smoking Pig BBQ restaurant.  I'd never visited it before, so I had to try the three-meat combo.

Click the image to see a larger version.

Oh, yeah, that's health on a plate.  (Don't worry; I didn't even try to finish it all.)

The meat was good but not great; no BBQ joint in Texas has anything to worry about.  I nonetheless enjoyed it, because, hey, barbecue.

Tomorrow, some work here, and then I fly home Wednesday!




4 comments:

Mark P said...

I think I'd still prefer an all-day English Breakfast.

Mark said...

Fair enough, though the barbecue was pretty tasty.

Andy Finkel said...

I agree; while I liked Smoking Pig on my last visit to San Jose, it didn't hold a candle to (say) the Salt Lick in Austin.

Mark said...

Absolutely. Every piece of brisket I've ever had in Austin was better than the best piece I tasted at the Smoking Pig. For brisket, Texas rules.

Labels

Blog Archive