Saturday, February 27, 2016

Remarkable London experiences


Today, I was fortunate enough to have two wonderful experiences.

The first was a matinee of the musical, Mrs. Henderson Presents.  Alternately funny and moving, the play focused tightly on the story of a single theater, The Windmill.  At the same time, in so doing it delivered a meditation on the importance of theater, and by implication, all art, for all of us.  I left the Noel Coward Theatre still processing it, and now, late at night, I have yet to fully absorb it.

The other was an astonishing dinner at The Araki.  Chef Mitsuhiro Araki and his team produced not only the best (by far) sushi dinner that I have ever eaten, but also one of the more memorable dinners of any type that I've been privileged to enjoy.  The meal is insanely expensive, and the restaurant holds only ten people, but if you can afford it, I recommend it highly.

It's cold and overcast here, but I don't care.  It's great to be in London.



3 comments:

Mark P said...

This being England you're lucky it's not raining!

According to the BBC it's going to be sunny first thing tomorrow.

If your plans are not completely full, I'd recommend a tour of Tower Bridge.

http://www.towerbridge.org.uk/

Last time I went though there was no glass floor.

Mark said...

Thanks for the tip. I may well do that.

Mark said...

I am very likely to do that.

Labels

Blog Archive