Tuesday, December 1, 2015

To Star Wars or not to Star Wars


The question does not refer to the upcoming new movie, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, because I am definitely going to see that film.  No, I'm pondering whether to go back and re-watch the original movies--by which, of course, I mean Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and The Return of the Jedi.  (I have seen the three prequels but don't expect to watch them again.)

Normally, I would re-screen an original film series before viewing the latest installment, both for fun and so I had the originals clear in my mind.  In this case, though, the only copies available to buy are the versions Lucas bastardized with new effects, changes, additions, and so on.  I'm not interested in seeing any of those mods.  I want the originals.

Such tough choices.





(Before anyone yells at me about being insensitive, yes, I'm joking, and yes, I do understand that lots of people face real problems.  I'm joking.)



2 comments:

Mark P said...

What do you consider the originals.

The very first theatre release?

Would you consider the theatre re-release with improved special affects.

If the former I'd imagine you'd have to look for a VHS tape version.

Mark said...

I meant the very first theatrical releases. Yeah, VHS is probably the only way to go.

Labels

Blog Archive