Monday, November 9, 2015

On the road again: World Fantasy Con, Saratoga Springs, day 5


Today followed the same pattern as most of my travel days in which I'm returning home:  Wake up, work, shower, drive, drop off rental car, go to airline counter, get boarding passes, go through security, eat, work, fly, work, fly, work, get luggage, go home, work, eat, work.  The pattern is boringly familiar but also necessary.  I need to think of better material for the blog on such days.

What stood out most today was that a surprisingly large number of trees in the Saratoga Springs/Albany area still had leaves, mostly yellow leaves, so I enjoyed the fall foliage as I drove.

The yucky Carolina weather was also a presence in my day, both in the bumpy flights and in the nasty drive home.  It was nothing out of the ordinary for this time of the year, but nothing pleasant, either.

I am now home, working and partially settled in, partially still unpacking.  I hope to be home for the next four weeks, which would be a lovely treat.




4 comments:

Mark P said...

Mark,

I can see your company is progressive and teacj savvy.
How
Home come you're not utilizing more virtualised meetings. My company doesn't but I think were a bit more stone age. I'm still working in ASP, JavaScript and VB6!

Mark said...

We do a great many virtual meetings, but sometimes in-person meetings are simply the best.

Mark P said...

Just noticed the 4 weeks at home. More Jon and Lobo then?

Mark said...

I am working on it.

Labels

Blog Archive