Sunday, October 4, 2015

On the road again: CONtraflow, New Orleans, day 3


My first event of the day was the Baen Traveling Road Show, which Publisher Toni conducts and at which she gives previews of upcoming Baen books and their covers--before and after type treatments and cover design.  It's always a fun show, and this one was no exception.  I spoke about my books and in particular about Onward, Drake!, which officially goes on sale Tuesday.

After a brief break--too short for lunch, alas--I served as auctioneer for the art auction.  We were able to boost the bids of all the pieces that went to auction, so both the artist and the con made a little more money.  The winning bidders all seemed happy with their new pieces of art.

I was in the mood for a po' boy, so we headed out to a local place, Harbor Seafood, that had pretty good online reviews.

I was particularly taken with the table's napkin/paper towel holder.

Click an image to see a larger version.

Creepy or cute; you be the judge.

The food was simple but tasty.  I had a cup of the shrimp and corn chowder, the stand-out dish of those I tasted.


Rich, creamy, and full of shrimp, this was a definite winner.

I opted for the shrimp po' boy, and it was both good and entirely too large, overflowing with fried shrimp.


Not a fancy place, but one I'd visit again without hesitation.

My last official event of the convention was to act as moderator for the closing ceremonies, a simple job but a pleasant, albeit bittersweet con.

I hope they have me back again next year.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive