Tuesday, July 21, 2015

An unexpected lunchtime treat


When I'm here at the beach, I eat lunch every day that the restaurant is open at my favorite local place, Archibald's.  Bob and Rose, the owners, and all the folks who work there are great people, and the food is very tasty.  Today, when I walked into the building, the specials board brought me a nice treat.

Click an image to see a larger version.

I ordered the Mark II, of course; how could I not?  (The II, by the way, is a reference to the sandwich they created for me last year.)  It was a delicious sandwich that I very much enjoyed.


I also had a cup of their watermelon gazpacho, which was very good and just the right refreshing soup for a hot day.

Not everyone or everything at the beach is so nice to me, of course.  Politically, here as everywhere in the U.S., many folks disagree with my positions.  For example, I strongly believe we should have nationalized health care, and so I support ObamaCare as a first step in that direction.  Other people disagree, as you can see from this lovely statement in front of a local store.


As I was leaving the shop, a young woman was posing behind this contraption.  I'm glad we are all free to agree to disagree.


Labels

Blog Archive