Friday, March 13, 2015

Unreleased Bill Hicks material coming this year


According to this Rolling Stone article and some other online sources, a company named Comedy Dynamics will release later this year not only a DVD boxed set of Bill Hicks' live shows but also audio of some previously unavailable performances.  I'm stoked!  I once had the privilege of seeing Hicks perform at a Raleigh comedy club, and he was amazing.  I instantly became a huge fan of his work, and I own every CD and DVD of his that I have been able to find. 

If you don't know his comedy, it was dark, funny, and all over the map.  He would criticize anyone and anything.  I definitely recommend his shows--but be aware that most are decidedly adult.

I can't wait to hear the new (to me) material!


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive