Wednesday, October 1, 2014

If you're at all interested in gadgets


or more generally want a sneak preview of the coming Internet of Things, you need to be reading Tech Everywhere, a blog by Bill Catchings on the PT site. I look forward to and read every installment. 

Before I explain why I recommend Tech Everywhere so strongly, let me get the disclaimers out of the way. Bill is my friend and business partner. PT is the company we own and work at.

I'm not, though, urging you to read this blog for any of those reasons.  I'm pushing it because Bill does something there that very few reviewers offer: he lives with the gadgets before he reports on them. When he writes about a smart watch, he's lived with it for days, often weeks.  If he tells you about the security weaknesses of some Wi-Fi-enabled light bulbs (a great entry), he's talking from experience.

As much as I love gadgets, I now won't buy one if I know that Bill is getting it and will be living with it for a while and writing about it.  It's great to have him as the canary in the gadget mine. 

Check out Tech Everywhere, and follow it regularly.  You'll be glad you did.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive