Friday, February 28, 2014

On the road again: Portland, day 5


I'm home, and I'm very glad to be here.  I've been traveling a great deal of late, so I'm quite looking forward to having two weeks at home.

Today started somewhat ominously, with a thick fog covering the world for most of the drive to the airport.  Despite that beginning, however, the rest of the day proceeded as well as one could hope.  The first flight left on time, and I had an exit-row, aisle seat.  The second flight was also on time, and I was lucky enough to get a first-class upgrade.  I grabbed some eggs in PDX for protein for the day, and I had plenty of water on all the flights.  I was able to work almost the whole time and so landed at RDU caught up (for a brief moment, but still). 

All in all, despite the 5:20 a.m. wake-up call, a good travel day.

I am still happy that I won't have any more of them for a couple of weeks.


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive