Tuesday, February 11, 2014

On the road again: Portland, day 1


Today has been a very long day.  I had to get up early to drive to the doctor's office for my completely useless appointment to pick up my allergy serum.  Fortunately, my former nemesis and I have reached a peace accord, so the transaction was quick, efficient, and cordial.

Next up was exercise, which left me rather tired.

Some work, including a fun lunch meeting with Bill, consumed the time until I had to rush to the airport.

The good news about today's flights is that I enjoyed first-class upgrades on both, so I flew across the country in comfort.  The bad news is that the elapsed time from when I left work for the airport to when I was in my hotel room was over 14 hours.

I spent a lot of that time in DFW, first enjoying a Salt Lick dinner and then working in the Admirals Club.

Despite its length, however, I can't complain about a travel day that left me at my destination more or less on time and that included first-class upgrades.

I do look forward to some sleep.


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive