Friday, August 30, 2013

On the road again: WorldCon, San Antonio, day 2


Today looked to be the quietest day of the con for me, so I slept more than normal, got up, worked, dozed a bit, and crammed in some more work.  After a quick lunch, I headed to the convention center to help with and catch the Baen Traveling Road Show, an always entertaining look at upcoming books and their cover art.

I roamed the art show a bit, but work beckoned, so I returned to it.  I look forward to the weekend days not being so full of work.

Dinner was a long, pleasant affair with Baen Publisher Toni Weisskopf and a host of Baen authors and friends.  We all walked to Bohanan's, a local steak house, and enjoyed traditional but very high quality steakhouse fare.  My Caesar salad was right on the mark, and my steak was delicious; I'd definitely go back there for the same sort of meal. 

After dinner, a group of us that included Lois McMaster Bujold sat and listened to law-enforcement stories from friends (and active workers in law enforcement) Griffin and Gerry. 

A low-key but pleasant day. 


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive