Monday, June 24, 2013

This Is the End


Yes, I went to see this giant exercise in guy humor.  Hey, I'm a guy who's seen all three Jackass movies.  So sue me. 

The thing is, This Is the End made me laugh a lot.  I wasn't alone; all around me, men and women alike were also laughing a lot.  Of course, some of the time we were all also groaning, other times some were laughing and some were clearly disgusted, but, hey, what else would you expect from this sort of movie?

If you don't already know, I can summarize the plot without giving away anything of great importance:  A bunch of Hollywood celebrities, each of whom plays himself or herself, gather for a party at James Franco's house.  As the evening wears on, bad shit happens.  Hi-jinks and more ensue.  Eventually, we get a humorous but ever so slightly uplifting (for a nanosecond) resolution. 

Along the way, the movie hits us with so many types of dumb male humor that at least some of it is sure to make you laugh.

If you're looking for a film by the next Fellini, or if you want to make a good impression on a first date, This Is the End is almost certainly not for you.  If you want to wonder if men are really that dumb (yes, we are) even as you laugh at a bunch of them doing stupid shit, then check it out. 

As you might expect, I quite enjoyed it.


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive