Friday, March 15, 2013

And so it begins


My sabbatical, that is.  I left the office early tonight, at a little after 7:30 p.m., caught up on email and with my out-of-office messages on.  I won't return to work until mid-day on May 6.  I've written several times before about my sabbatical plans, so I won't bore you by repeating that information here.

What I will say is that tonight has felt odd, somewhat like the evening before I head to the beach for vacation but more, because I'm finally now here and processing the fact that I will not do a single thing for PT for the next seven weeks.  It's a good kind of odd, something like a heavy weight slowing coming off my shoulders, but right now it's definitely odd.

I look forward to all that I will learn and experience over the next seven weeks.


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive