Thursday, January 24, 2013

Living for six weeks out of one small suitcase


Later this year, I'll be on the road for six straight weeks in Europe.  (I'll explain more later about why and what I'll be doing, but that's another post.)  I will mostly be casual, but I'll also need to dress up for fine restaurants.  I want to fit all my clothes, shoes, and toiletries in one standard 22-inch carry-on suitcase.  I'll do laundry as necessary, but ideally I won't have to do it more than weekly.

Anyone got any tips to help me?  I'm trying to figure out the combinations of shoes and clothes that will fit in this small space.  I'm willing to buy new things to make this work, but I don't want to lug around more than that.

If you have any great ideas, please comment or email me via the Contact page on my site. 

Thanks!

For the curious, here's a movie scene hint to what I'll be doing.




2 comments:

steveburnett said...

This folding trick for suit jackets works pretty well in my experience.

http://packlite.tumblr.com/post/29897799350

Griffin said...

Pants with cargo pockets in khaki. More formal than jeans, and more utilitarian than slacks.

Labels

Blog Archive