Monday, July 30, 2012

On the road again: Bay area, day 1

I am never going to love a day that begins with me getting up at 6:30 a.m., so today had lost my heart before it started.

The rest of the trip went about as well as one could reasonably expect.  I was fortunate enough to get an upgrade for the first flight, and the plane offered WiFi, so that leg of the trip was pleasant and productive.  In DFW, I had time to do more work and also grab some Red Mango; a day that includes Red Mango's delicious berry parfait cannot be all bad.  The second flight was nowhere near as good as the first, but I did have an exit row aisle seat, so I cannot complain but so much.

I can't talk much about work trips, so I'll conclude by mentioning a phrase I read recently, in Nick Harkaway's The Gone-Away World,  and quite love:  "sheer furious affection."  Something wonderful right there, something powerful and wonderful indeed.  The paragraph surrounding it is almost as lovely. 

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive