Thursday, June 28, 2012

Please buy this book

No, I'm not pleading here for you to buy copies of No Going Back, though I certainly would like it if everyone in America did. 

Instead, I'm talking about a particular paperback edition of Robert A. Heinlein's The Man Who Sold the Moon, which you can find online here and here and no doubt in other places, as well as in some bookstores.  Baen Books, which owns the rights to this particular Heinlein title, has about 2,000 of these in stock, so we need to find 2,000 people to buy them.  Until we do, Baen won't reprint the book.

I need Baen to reprint this book.

When it does, Publisher Toni will do the same things she's been doing with other Heinlein titles that have needed new editions: commission a new Bob Eggleton cover for it, and have one of her authors write an all-new afterword for it.  

That writer will, she assures me, be me. 

My name would then be on a cover with Robert A. Heinlein.

How cool is that?

I am so excited at the prospect that I am now hand-selling this book everywhere I go.  It's a marvelous volume, and its Harriman stories were incredibly influential on me when I was a boy.  You need this book.

My name with Heinlein's on a book cover.  Damn.


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive