Friday, July 16, 2010

The weirdest thing on the beach

is the home and art installation of a local outsider artist. I've gone there once before, about seven or eight years ago, and I finally decided it was time to risk the crazions and head back.

The experience left me awestruck, shaken, and more than a little disturbed--in ways both good and bad. Outsider art is like that, but this place particularly so.

I took a ton of pictures, but I'm going to share only two.

On the cool side is this bottle house.


Everything on her lot is that crowded. The place is fractally dense, with each thing a reflection of the same underlying art ethic/craziness.

On the darker, more disturbing side is this mock classroom.


As Kyle and I agreed, nothing in any horror film we've seen was as disturbing as this place.

I'm glad I went, but I'll be processing it for a long time, and I won't return soon.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive