Sunday, November 2, 2008

On the road again: World Fantasy Con, day 5

Much of the afternoon today went to the World Fantasy Awards banquet. The food was surprisingly good for a hotel banquet, our tablemates were pleasant company, and Toastmaster Tad Williams' speech was fun. You can read the list of winners at the Locus site.

My only real complaint was the presentation. I would probably feel otherwise were I one of the nominees, but I thought it was rushed and lacked a bit of the pomp that normally attends such things. Nonetheless, I look forward to attending next year's WFC, as well as those thereafter.

On the Overthrowing Heaven front, I rewrote only the first chapter last night, which though satisfying my half hour of writing goal nonetheless was entirely too slack. Call it a celebration. Wow, do I know how to party!

Because I'm still in Canada, and because you can never have enough Blue Rodeo, I'll leave you with this, one of the band's slow but sad songs. Greg Keelor's vocals explore the many sides of loss. Enjoy. Sometimes it's okay to hurt.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive