Wednesday, September 24, 2008

House tournaments: win one, lose one

Many nights here at the whack factory include two serious competitions: the RPS contest with Sarah, and the mini pool tournament with Scott. As you might expect, I prefer to win both, but that rarely happens. Tonight, alas, was a 1 and 1 night.

In RPS, Sarah stopped my winning streak at three with a convincing victory of two straight of our best-two-out-of-three contests. I guess she has to win one now and then.

In pool, I beat Scott in the mini tournament, but he won one game with an early and rather amazing combination that resulted in the nine ball rolling into a corner and me racking up the balls almost as quickly as we'd started the rack. Scott's quickly become a pretty darn good pool player, but right now he's laboring under the handicap of having to use the kiddie cue; all of our other sticks (except for my regular one) have lost their tips and await repair. If he keeps improving, I'll have to delay fixing those cues.

Of course, neither of these fun activities will finish my novel, so to it I return.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive