Tuesday, August 5, 2008

On the road again: Denvention, day 1

Two hours and forty-five minutes after I crawled into bed, I awoke screaming through clenched teeth due to a massive cramp in my left calf muscle. I'd awakened once previously from a nervous dream, gone to the bathroom, and buried myself again under the covers.

To say that I don't handle early wake-ups before trips well is obviously to commit quite an understatement.

We hit the airport on time, which proved to be useless due to the massive weather delays in O'Hare. The American Airlines folks were on top of their game, however, having left messages at both the phone numbers they had for me; in my early morning stupidity, I had forgotten to check them.

Fortunately, the delays shortened, we're now only an hour behind schedule, and we have a shot at making our original connection.

Not a great start to the trip, but I've had worse. Still, I am hoping the day will improve.

Perhaps more later today.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive