Friday, July 25, 2008

Changing my mind about Jon

As I think I may have written here, when people have asked me which actor I'd cast as Jon, I've typically answered, Hugh Jackman. He's fairly tall, especially for an actor, has done action, can act, and has the look.

Recently, though, I've changed my mind.

The right man to play Jon is Will Smith.

If you've read the books or seen their dustjackets, you may question this choice, at least in part because Jon's skin is decidedly lighter than Smith's. No matter; an actor of his quality will make the role his own. And, if a movie were to be made of one of the books, I'd be willing to do a quick rewrite of that book (or all of them) to fix this small problem.

Why?

Because I'm just that kind of money-loving fool.

Think about it. Will Smith is the most bankable actor in the world today. The man takes mediocre films and turns them into blockbusters, and he transforms blockbusters into insanely huge blockbusters. Make a Will Smith movie of one of my books, and the reprint sales alone would be happy news indeed.

This is all fantasy land, of course, because no one in Hollywood, much less Will Smith, is knocking down my door, but you have to admit, it's a good fantasy.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive