Friday, May 18, 2007

Things that piss me off

I could probably use this heading every day for the next few years and not run out of topics, but I'll spare you and run it only sparingly. Today, a friend of mine and member of our extended family, Jain Faries, weaver extraordinaire and principal of moxnix textiles, was preparing to head to a show to display and, she hopes, sell her wares. She checked her business account and found out that a buyer had retracted a charge--even though she'd sent the goods the buyer had purchased.

That pisses me off.

Jain works hard at weaving her various pieces, and they're all top-drawer; check out their pictures on her site if you don't believe me. She charges a fair price, treats her customers well, and is mostly a one-person operation. Ripping off anyone is wrong, but taking goods from a craftsperson and then retracting your payment is a particularly low act.

Here's hoping karma obtains and the cad who canceled the payment, as a friend once said and to mix my religious metaphors, smokes a turd in purgatory for this one.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive